Protect your tyres in the event of accidental or malicious damage
What Is TyreCare?
TyreCare is a comprehensive tyre insurance policy that protects your tyres from accidental or malicious damage, from as little as £5.49* per tyre. Tyres insured under the TyreCare policy will be repaired (maximum 3 repairs) or replaced, fitted (including valves) and balanced at no additional cost to you.
*Price quoted of £5.49 is for tyres up to £49.99
|Tyre Cost||Insurance Cost (per tyre)|
|£0 - £49.99||£5.49|
|£50 - £99.99||£8.49|
|£100 - £149.99||£13.49|
|£150 - £199.99||£18.99|
|£200 - £299.99||£30.99|
All prices include Insurance Premium Tax.
- Avoid unexpected costs
TyreCare can help avoid those unwanted costs, for example when you get an unexpected puncture, as the repair or replacement will be included in your policy.
- Peace of mind
Having your tyres insured with TyreCare can give you peace of mind, safe in the knowledge that you are covered for up to three repairs or a complete replacement should the worse happen.
You can make a TyreCare clam in any of our centres nationwide meaning that you’re never far away should you need assistance.
- One fixed fee
TyreCare insurance is a solution to protect your tyres. Prices start from just £5.49* per tyre and is based on the price you pay for the tyre at the point of purchase.
What Damage Is Covered?
- Accidental damage - sudden and unexpected deflation or other damage to the tyre or valve, which requires the immediate repair or replacement.
- Malicious damage - deflation or damage to the insured tyre or valve caused intentionally by a third party, which requires a repair or a replacement before normal use can be resumed. In order to claim against malicious damage, you must report the incident to the Police and provide a crime reference number at the time of making a claim.
- Your vehicle will be covered in the UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
What Isn't Covered?
- Tyres below the UK legal limit of tread depth or any tyres that are not dot marked or where there has been an attempt to remove the serial number or other identifying marks from the tyre.
- Any malicious damage not accompanied by a valid and substantiated crime reference number, including fire and theft.
- Private hire, driving tuition vehicles (including any other professional instruction), taxis and chauffeuring vehicles used for hire or reward.
- Vehicles used for competition or any competitive events. Off-road use, motor rallying, motor racing, pace-making, speed or duration tests (or any practice for these events) or track day events, regardless of whether they are timed or untimed.
For full details of all general conditions, please see the full policy terms and conditions.
How Long Will My Cover Last?
Your policy will end on whichever of the following occurs earliest:
- 12 months from the date of purchase; or
- When the insured tyre has been repaired three times; or
- When the insured tyre has been replaced.
When more than one tyre is insured under TyreCare then insurance will apply separately to each tyre.
How Do I Get TyreCare?
You can purchase TyreCare by:
- Adding TyreCare to your basket when you purchase your tyre online
- Talking to your local centre and asking for TyreCare when your new tyre is fitted
What Else Do I Need To Know?
We want you to be sure TyreCare is for you before purchasing. It's important you read the provided documentation below to help you decide. The information on this page does not include the full terms and conditions of the contract of insurance. For full terms please see the Product Information Document and Terms and Conditions.
How Do I Make A Claim?
You can call any Tyre Pros centre or alternatively take your vehicle to any one of them. If a Tyre Pros centre is not in reasonable proximity to your location, please contact Customer Services on 0800 9888 666 and they will direct you to the nearest suitable centre.
TyreCare is underwritten by London General Insurance Company Limited, (company number 1865673) whose registered head office is at TWENTY Kingston Road, Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey, TW18 4LG, United Kingdom. London General Insurance Company Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Further details can be found on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk under FRN 202689.